About Bridge House
Bridge House is a mother-and-child accommodation-based service located in Luton.
We support women and their children through homelessness into safe, secure, independent accommodation. Through bespoke 1-1 support packages and a therapeutic and Trauma-Informed Approach, we help them overcome barriers to living independently.
Our service consists of seven supported temporary accommodation units that provide a lifeline to:
- Expectant mothers
- Mothers with up to two children aged under 10
- Single women aiming to have guardianship of their children
We work with families to gain the valuable skills needed to:
- End the cycle of homelessness
- Support sustained, independent living
- Recover from and receive support relating to domestic violence, experiences within the Criminal Justice System, mental health, substance use, parenting skills, safety in the home and maintaining family wellbeing.
Service contact details
Support Bridge House this Christmas
We are raising money to improve the Bridge House garden to transform it into an inspirational space for resident families to relax and recover. We are also raising funds to cover the cost of family days out for the residents, to improve their well-being and enable them to make family memories.
All funds raised will directly benefit the seven women and seven children who Bridge House is currently supporting.
£5 – could pay for fruit, vegetable and flower seeds for the families to enjoy sowing in the garden.
£10 – could pay for the public transport for a family to have a day out together.
£25 – could pay for equipment for outdoor gardening and wellbeing activities.
£50 – could pay for two families to have days out with some lunch.
£100 – could go towards purchasing larger garden equipment, such as a greenhouse or furniture.
Visit our Just Giving appeal page