- Job title
- Deputy Service Manager
- Work location
- Romford, Greater London
- £27, 200 - £29, 600 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Closing date
- 31 January 2022
- Supporting documents
- DM Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and passionate individual to join us as a Deputy Manager to join our join our 25-bed supported housing services, based in Romford in the London Borough of Havering, to help deliver a stable and effective housing management services. The service provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for rough sleepers, homeless or those at risk of homelessness and single people.
Working alongside the Service Manager, you will help deliver the highest standards of service quality, performance, and improvements across their service through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation. This role will be busy and varied, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the skills within the team are deployed effectively, ensuring all staff have appropriate training and development plans in place, supporting with staff appraisals and supervisions and implementing the organisations' policies and procedures all while ensuring the highest level of care is delivered to service users.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is passionate about promoting positive outcomes and independence for the people we support. Along with sound knowledge and practical application of key legislations including Mental Health Act; Health and Social Care Act and others, you will have the ability to work flexibly and respond to the changing needs of our service users within an environment that is empathetic but firm in their approach to supporting both our staff members and those we support.
If you have a background in mental health, complex needs, homelessness and substance misuse provision, are innovative, inspiring and visionary, and hold NVQ / Diploma level 3 in Management / Health & Social Care / Mental health or professional equivalent then we would like to hear from you.
- NVQ / Diploma Level 4 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health or professional equivalent
- Direct experience of service delivery within a mental health, housing and/or social care environment or similar services
- Team management experience with the ability to work under challenging circumstances
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable households, both families and single individuals
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of housing management including voids and evictions
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation – mental health, criminal justice, social care and housing etc
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.