- Job title
- Night Assistant Recovery Worker
- Work location
- Camberwell, London
- £20, 648 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday between 8:30pm - 8:00am (on a weekly rota basis including bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 5 December 2021 - closed
Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Night Assistant Recovery Worker to join our services based in Southampton Way, London. SIG:Equinox Southampton Way provides supported accommodation and recovery approach resettlement programmes for adult males with enduring mental health support needs.
As a Night Assistant Recovery Worker your role is to support service users to achieve their personal goals and positive outcomes, by providing a supportive, responsive and effective waking night service to service users ensuring that they remain safe, well and supported. The successful candidate will work with service users towards their recovery by encouraging them to stay safe and supporting them to develop healthy routines.
Drawing on your knowledge of recovery focused support, you will have direct experience of working with adults who are vulnerable and have multiple and complex needs within a supported accommodation setting or similar. You may have experience of managing complex cases and challenging behaviour. As part of this role, you must be willing to work flexibly, which includes weekday hours, evenings and weekend working, therefore if you are passionate about improving the lives of people with severe and enduring mental illness, then we want to hear from you!
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall operational programme using a recovery focused approach
- Assist service users to develop a healthy and regular bedtime routine and support those in crisis appropriately in order to enable them to cope
- Co-key-work service users and feed into the development of their risk assessments and recovery plans
- Responsible for the maintenance of a healthy, safe and effective environment, including the security of the building, fabric and grounds
- Maintain a standard of service as required by the Commissioners and Equinox in order to deliver a safe and effective service and contribute to the achievement of excellent outcomes as defined Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group in all aspects of service delivery
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent experience
- Delivering a recovery focused service to service users with mental health support needs, including complex needs
- Interpreting support plans and risk assessments
- Working within a supported accommodation
- Knowledge of crisis intervention for service users with mental health issues
- Understanding of the importance to support Service Users with their medication and to move towards self-medication
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks for social care
- ICT competency and familiarity of case management systems