- Job title
- Service Manager
- Work location
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- £28, 800 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday - Friday (with some flexibility to accommodate the needs of the service)
- Closing date
- 13 May 2021 - closed
- Supporting documents
- Service Manager JD
We are currently recruiting an experienced and dedicated Service Manager to join our SIG Penrose services based across two sites in Bedford and Luton, supporting Bedford Borough Council's strategy to prevent homelessness and rough sleeping; to oversee the delivery of the housing related support service for people with mental health problems who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Leading and managing a team of 4, you will offer strength based and personalised support to service users to enable them to develop the independence and life skills they require, so they can access and sustain suitable accommodation, and to provide structured and outcome focussed housing related support for individuals with multiple support needs.
This is a unique opportunity for a innovative manager to lead the service, and build upon the service excellence that we are renowned for. We are looking for a leader who is a decision maker; great listener; succinct communicator and an advocate for change.
You will have a successful background in mental health, complex needs, homelessness and substance misuse provision and have similar service experience at managerial level. With a robust history of implementing, improving standards and steering change, you will be committed to creating an inclusive environment, which celebrates difference and allows our staff and service users to flourish.
If you are passionate about supporting the people we work with and the belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances, then we want to hear from you!
- NVQ / Diploma Level 4 in Management / Health & Social Care / Mental Health or professional equivalent
- Direct experience of service delivery within reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar
- Operational management experience with the ability to work under challenging circumstances
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable people who may have mental health, offending or substance misuse problems
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of housing management including voids and evictions
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation – mental health, criminal justice, social care and housing etc
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
- Experience of successful management of voids rental income and budgets/KPI’s