An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and dynamic Service Manager to lead our forensic mental health step-down services based in Croydon, Greater London, in driving continuous improvement and supporting people experiencing severe mental health issues and complex needs towards positive, sustainable recovery.
The aim of the service is to provide support, activities, brokerage and accommodation as a step-down (High/Medium/Low/Floating) for adults referred by designated referral agencies such as the South London and Maudsley Hospital and other Croydon based service. Our residents have often failed in other services due to the complexity of their support needs and can challenge service. The service provides a rehabilitation programme of care with a multidisciplinary team consisting of an Occupational Therapist, Psychologist and Recovery support staff, across four care homes, including individual male and female support services.
We are seeking a dynamic Service Manger to lead the team; someone who is creative, motivational and inspiring, that truly believes that adults with long term and sometimes enduring forensic mental ill health and trauma can overcome barriers and achieve greatness. As the Service Manager, you will have responsibility for all aspects of managing the service efficiently and effectively, delivering the highest standards of service quality, performance, activities and improvements across the services through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation.
You will maintain a culture of learning and development through supervisions, appraisals,networking and continuing professional development processes; and ensure a coaching approach to line management is implemented throughout your team and adopted by frontline staff when supporting service users.
If you have extensive experience of service delivery within a mental health environment and have a passion for the people we support, with the belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances, then we want to hear from you!
- Direct experience of service delivery within a mental health environment across multiple sites
- Operational management experience supporting people with mental health and complex needs, including working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of successful management of voids rental income and budgets/KPI's
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation - mental health, criminal justice, social care and housing etc
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
- CQC Registered Manager (desirable)
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team before the advertised closing date: email@example.com.