As a Recovery worker your role is to provide a supportive, responsive and effective service to the service users ensuring that they remain safe and well and are supported. The successful candidate will be expected to rehabilitate and reintegrate Service Users back into the community and provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions that will enable successful resettlements.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall programme using a recovery focused approach.
- Encourage Service Users to develop social networks and undertake meaningful activities to assist them to develop positive coping mechanisms and reintegrate into the wider community.
- Maintain a standard of service as required by Commissioners and Penrose to deliver a safe and effective service.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a healthy, safe and psychologically informed environment that includes the security of the building, fabric and grounds.
- Ensure that information is shared appropriately within the team and with other professionals and that all Service User and service records are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with relevant and appropriate agencies and services to provide information, advice, support and treatment where necessary in relation to physical and mental health, substance misuse, education, employment and training, life skills and any other identified support needs.
- Psych Degree/NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Health & Social Care/Community Justice or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with ex-offenders with mental health issues / substance misuse / challenging chaotic behaviours
- Working understanding of the housing and social needs of ex-offenders with mental health
- Experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing, criminal justice and mental health