- Job title
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker
- Work location
- Southwark, London
- £22, 865 per annum
- Hours per week
- 37.5 (over three 12.5 hour shifts)
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (including Bank Holidays)
- Closing date
- 29 November 2020
- Documents to download
- JD Recovery Worker Brook Drive SIG Application Form 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and highly motivated Substance Misuse Recovery Worker to join the Substance Misuse Team here at Brook Drive – a well-established in-patient detoxification unit based in Southwark, London.
Working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of doctors, nurses and senior recovery practitioners, you will support service users who experience difficulties with alcohol and substance use to achieve their personal goals and positive outcomes by offering a recovery focused service, while working with them to develop personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a substance misuse environment and an understanding of its’ complexities in order to manage service users safely and effectively. If you are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of people we support, as well as being able to provide them with access to interventions to aide their recovery, please apply now.
- Provide key work and co-produced support planning for Service Users, with relevant interventions such as life skills support, to help successful recovery in line with Service Users’ personal goals
- To complete reports, including support plans, case notes and other documentation for managers as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall programme using a recovery focused approach.
- Liaise with relevant and appropriate agencies and services to provide information, advice, support and treatment where necessary in relation to physical and mental health, substance misuse, education, employment and training, life skills and any other identified support needs.
- Encourage and support Service Users to participate in the running and development of the service and activities/interventions.
- Experience of working in a substance misuse treatment environment is essential.
- Direct experience of working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar services with a recovery focus.
- Appropriate professional qualification: NVQ / Diploma level 3 in Health & Social Care or professional equivalent.
- Ability to build effective working relationships across multiple teams both inside and outside the organisation. Be able to sustain these through sometimes complex situations
- Awareness and understanding of the issues faced by people with multiple and complex needs within a supported living setting.
- Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with Service Users and supporting professional bodies.
In order to apply, please complete an application form and send it to our Recruitment Team along with an up to date CV before the advertised closing date: email@example.com