- Job title
- Psychosocial Lead
- Work location
- Southwark, London
- £26, 972 per annum
- Hours per week
- 37.5 (over three 12.5 hour shifts)
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (including Bank Holidays)
- Closing date
- 29 November 2020
- Documents to download
- Psychsocial Lead Job Description SIG Application Form 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and highly motivated Psychosocial Lead to join the Substance Misuse Team here at Brook Drive – a well-established in-patient detoxification unit based in Southwark, London.
The Psychosocial Lead will take direct responsibility for developing, writing and implementing evidence based therapeutic groups for service users undertaking detox or stabilisation as part of their recovery journey. They will ensure that the delivery of group-work and other therapeutic interventions is coordinated to meet the needs of a diverse group of service users during their brief time at Brook Drive.
With a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda, the successful candidate will support and coach our team of recovery workers in the effective delivery of group programmes and other psychosocial interventions in the service.
- Build upon the group-work programme and develop an effective rolling programme suited to the high turnaround and short duration of our detox work.
- Support the recovery team in its delivery of psychosocial interventions through coaching and skill sharing.
- Lead on the continuous review and refinement of our group-work offer.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of groups and resources that can offer ongoing support to service users after completing their detox.
- Undertake keyworking and recovery planning on a 1:1 basis as part of the recovery team.
- Experience of working within drug and/or alcohol services
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering group programmes
- Coaching and mentoring in the delivery of psychosocial interventions including group-work
- Knowledge of the substance misuse sector and the role of detox in recovery
- Ability to analyse group-work delivery and provide feedback to support continuous improvement
- Extremely well organised, working to deadlines, and to promote this culture within the wider team
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team before the advertised closing date: firstname.lastname@example.org.