- Job title
- Occupational Therapist
- Work location
- Croydon, London
- £34,494 per annum
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 30 June 2021
Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
An exciting opportunity has come up for an Occupational Therapist to join our Forensic Mental Health Services based in Croydon. The role will provide Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment to enable service users to achieve their maximum levels of functional independence and to enhance their sense of well-being through engagement in occupation.
- Providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment for an allocated caseload of patients
- Provide specialist advice to staff about appropriate treatment approaches and adaptive equipment for clients
- Provide initial and continuing occupational therapy assessments, in accordance with CPA guidelines and service user care plans.
- Engaging and communicating effectively with patients, using a range of communication strategies, taking into account barriers of communication e.g. cognitive impairment, physical and sensory impairments
- Responsible in conjunction with Service Manager for ensuring all staff have appropriate personal development plans, and are appropriately supported to achieve the plans targets / interventions.
- To promote effective cost control mechanisms, and encourage all staff to take responsibility for achieving financial savings where appropriate.
- Diploma or Degree (Hons) in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working in mental health and/or Learning Disability settings
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, maintaining a highly cooperative approach to supporting colleagues in delivering service objectives
- Knowledge, understanding and a commitment to the implementation of anti-discrimination practice