- Job title
- Audit and Compliance Manager
- Work location
- Islington, London
- £36, 500 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Friday (Flexible)
- Closing date
- 16 May 2021 - closed
- Supporting documents
- Job Description - Audit and Compliance Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Audit & Compliance Manager to join our Governance team to oversee the role of Adult Protection by reviewing, collating, monitoring and reporting on Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses (AINMs) and advising on best practices to improve service delivery across the organisation.
The Audit and Compliance Manager will take the lead on completing compliance audits across the Group's care and support services against quality standards through the gathering of information and analysing data, and providing evidence-led recommendations to improve service delivery. This role will play a crucial part in the supporting of our services' managers and staff to understand performance and monitoring, ensuring compliance with internal policy and regulations ensuring that strict controls, compliance and on going monitoring is in place.
You will be a key day to day contact for internal and external stakeholders so must be able to build strong relationships while delivering efficient and robust audit work. This role would suit a highly dynamic professional who has a passion for process and compliance and has the ability to look at process improvement and to drive forward effective change.
- Oversee the safeguarding Adult register, ensuring alerts are reported as and when required
- Lead on completing quality and compliance audits across the Group in line with regulatory, contractual and company requirements for services and oversee audits of central departments
- To develop and support systems to understand and monitor performance within care and support
- To act as the Data Protection Officer for the Group and ensure compliance with GDPR, data protection and reporting breaches to the Information Commissioners Office
- Advise the business on best practices and standards within each type of service and to ensure the service delivery reflects the service specification and contractual obligations
- To drive up service standards and sustain a robust governance structure for Group, that meets all the requirements of CQC and all other standards relevant to service
- Prior experience working in a similar audit and compliance role
- Working knowledge and experience of up to date Legislation including Care Act 2014, CQC standards and regulations including, Key Lines of Enquiry and health and safety in care and support setting
- Experience in governance systems and structures including auditing skills, risk management, investigations, complaint handling and report writing
- Track record of working in a customer focused service and supporting the service to be compliant and meet high quality standards work practices
- Ability to use information management systems to monitor progress and identify key trends, patterns, and themes
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to produce detailed and sensitive submissions and reports, setting out key findings and required remedial actions to achieve compliance
- Experience of organising and delivering training workshops in disciplines within the health and social care sector and supported housing
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal stakeholders to ensure effective delivery
- Awareness and understanding of the impact of stigma and marginalisation on people who experience mental health and/or substance misuse issues and their needs (physical, social, cultural and emotional).