We are looking for an experienced and motivated part-time Occupational Therapist to join our care and support rehabilitation services based in Enfield, supporting adults with complex mental health needs. This is an exciting time to join our multi-disciplinary team in providing high quality care and empowering our service users to manage their health needs and achieve future independence.
- To provide an Occupational Therapy Service across all group services in Enfield
- To work with adult patients with severe and enduring mental illness and to identify Occupational therapy goals as part of the overall care plan.
- Implementing, analysing and interpreting specialist Occupational Therapy tools to support successful move on to independent living
- Plan and implement a range of therapeutic individual and group work, carry out functional assessments and contribute to multi-disciplinary team care planning and risk assessments
- Develop new interventions that enhance patients’ skills development and social inclusion as well as provide support and leadership to Support staff.
- To apply a good level of understanding forensic mental health and provide training and advice on lifestyle changes and adaptations to the patient’s social and physical environment.
- To be actively involved in the MDT care planning process.
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy
- Previous work experience in occupational therapy intervention with evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of current developments in relevant legislation, national guidance and frameworks in relation to mental health
- A commitment to delivering high quality care, with excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Awareness of national and local issues and how they affect delivery of the OT Service
- Have the interests of service users at heart and ensuring they receive the highest standards of service provision
- Ability to communicate highly complex and highly sensitive information effectively, to a wide range of people
In order to apply, please complete an application form and send it to our Recruitment Team along with an up to date CV before the advertised closing date: firstname.lastname@example.org