An exciting opportunity has come up for an Occupational Therapist to join our Forensic Mental Health Services based in Croydon. The role will provide Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment to enable service users to achieve their maximum levels of functional independence and to enhance their sense of well-being through engagement in occupation.
- Providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment for an allocated caseload of patients
- Provide specialist advice to staff about appropriate treatment approaches and adaptive equipment for clients
- Provide initial and continuing occupational therapy assessments, in accordance with CPA guidelines and service user care plans.
- Engaging and communicating effectively with patients, using a range of communication strategies, taking into account barriers of communication e.g. cognitive impairment, physical and sensory impairments
- Responsible in conjunction with Service Manager for ensuring all staff have appropriate personal development plans, and are appropriately supported to achieve the plans targets / interventions.
- To promote effective cost control mechanisms, and encourage all staff to take responsibility for achieving financial savings where appropriate.
- Diploma or Degree (Hons) in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working in mental health and/or Learning Disability settings
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, maintaining a highly cooperative approach to supporting colleagues in delivering service objectives
- Knowledge, understanding and a commitment to the implementation of anti-discrimination practice
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team before the advertised closing date: firstname.lastname@example.org.