Penrose is recruiting for talented, ambitious and caring staff to help deliver a major new pan-London service supporting people with personality disorders to resettle in the community and lead happy, healthy lives, free from crime.
Based in one of our male residential services in Redbridge, the Night Support Worker role is essential to ensure our residents are safe and supported through the night. Working in teams of two, the successful candidate will ensure the security of the premises, but also be there to offer support and guidance to residents, as well as ensuring appropriate risk management and information sharing protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure Service Users receive a high quality and responsive service.
- Ensure the security and safety of the property and residents, managing incidents and escalating as necessary
- To positively respond to service users who may need assistance, seeking the support of the appropriate manager if necessary, in emergencies.
- As part of service users support plan, to liaise with external professionals, e.g. GP’s, probation officer, Care Coordinators etc.
- Provide / arrange for various advice, advocacy and or information to service users in relation to physical health matters, substance misuse welfare benefits, education, employment and training, life skills and any other identified support needs.
- Assist service users with arrangements for moving into the property, ensuring benefits are applied for, utilities connected, maintenance problems resolved, and that the property is properly furnished.
- Liaison with Agencies and Local Community
- Ensure timely information sharing with Offender Managers and other key stakeholders to support robust risk management and positive resettlement outcomes
- A good working understanding of personality disorders and models of treatment intervention especially when working with vulnerable individuals
- Experience in risk assessment and risk management
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals who may have mental health issues / substance misuse / challenging chaotic behaviours
- Experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing, criminal justice and mental health
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team: email@example.com.