- Job title
- People and Culture Business Partner
- Work location
- Islington, London
- £45,000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 1 July 2021 - closed
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic human resource professional to join our People & Culture team as a People & Culture Business Partner based in London. The P&C Business Partner plays a crucial role in partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to enhance people processes, initiatives and practices, necessary to support evolution and continuous growth. The role will be responsible for overseeing all People and Culture operations and ensuring they are aligned with strategic business objectives, including consultation on employee relations; policy interpretation and application, recruitment and performance and benefits management.
Reporting into the Director of People and Culture, the post holder will be expected to deliver a professional and effective People and Culture strategy that engages all employees; promotes the Group's vision and creates a culture of coaching and continuous feedback, and empowering employees to achieve their full potential.
This role will be a true partner to the business and will require that unique combination of hands on generalist HR experience within a complex environment, as well as the ability to think strategically and contribute to a range of project work. The successful candidate will be able to build credibility quickly within the organisation, navigate and influence business leaders and demonstrate a real passion for creating a great working environment for our people.
- Coach and support managers on adopting good HR practice by offering effective HR advice through the interpretation of current employment & case law, best practice and Employment policies
- Deliver key People and Culture initiatives and annual activities to address workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, reward and recognition, employee engagement and business growth
- Coach line managers in robust leadership and performance management of their teams: to promote a positive climate of engagement and feedback
- Support the Director of People and Culture in developing and implementing effective absence management processes and to ensure line managers are conversant and compliant with the process and to reduce days lost
- Promote a positive climate through effective employee engagement and ensure internal communication activities are of the highest standard and effective in employee value creation
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual HR reporting including attrition tracking, length of service, starters & leavers etc
- Lead and champion projects and initiatives to promote the organisation's reputation as a leading organisation and an employer of choice
- To monitor and measure employee turnover using appropriate methods to reduce turnover to company target
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in an HR Business Partner, Generalist or related high level specialist role covering the full spectrum of HR disciplines within a multi-site environment
- Sound knowledge and proven track record in all core aspects of HR management, including performance management, organisational change and restructures, absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes
- Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving
- Proven track record of Employee Relations and Employment Law, with significant experience of leading and managing a complex and varied ER case load
- Excellent analytical skills including experience of workforce planning, business reporting and fact-based decision making
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to analyse, assimilate and present data and draw conclusions in a connected way
- Effective planning and organisational skills in the context of tight deadlines and often conflicting priorities
- Sound IT skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook etc), experience of manipulating HR databases
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas and business concepts in accessible terms.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of up-to-date of best practice HRM techniques
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.