- Job title
- Nurse Team Leader
- Work location
- Lambeth, London
- £37,500 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday - Friday (9am – 5pm with some flexibility to accommodate the needs of the service)
- Closing date
- 11 May 2021 - closed
- Supporting documents
- NTL - Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate registered Nurse Team Leader to contribute to the management of Brook Drive and the provision of a responsive and high quality service. Our Brook Drive service is a well-established in-patient detoxification unit based in central South London housing 26 residential beds.
As a qualified practitioner, you will provide supervisory support to our nursing staff in order to achieve full contract and regulatory compliance and deliver a high-quality and effective recovery-focused service. You will work as part of the medical team to empower our patients to gain the best life chances during and after their stay at Brook Drive. Alongside their day to day involvement in the medical detoxification of the patients, you would be integral to the development and delivery of one to one and group work sessions, focussing on health, wellbeing and relationships.
This rewarding role will allow you to offer support and help motivate service users through their detox programme. The role would work in partnership with our in-house psycho-social team to ensure that each individual is facilitated to undergo this integral part of their recovery journey in their own unique way to the best of their ability.
If you are dynamic, driven with excellent attention to detail and committed to delivering exceptional levels of patient care and supporting patients through their recovery, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Work alongside the Service Manager, Doctors and Operational team to coordinate the safe, effective and efficient management of service users’ journeys from referral through admission to successful completion of detox/stabilisation from a clinical perspective
- Provide effective support and supervision to the staff team to ensure that the performance standards and policies and procedures are fully implemented
- Support the implementation of the operational programme for Brook Drive centre, ensuring that contract requirements and all quality and regulatory standards are met
- Form and maintain effective local links with partner agencies, service users, carers and the local community
- Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice and legal requirements in relation to the provision of recovery focused residential detoxification services
- Contribute to the strategic and business plans of SIG Equinox
- Registered Nurse Qualification (RGN/RMN) with a current valid NMC registration
- Experience of leading & managing a Nursing team
- Experience in delivering a recovery-focused service provision
- Experience of providing a detoxification service to people with substance misuse problems
- Tier 4 treatment service provision
- First level nursing qualification
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework and relevant NICE and DoH guidance and protocols
- Effective stakeholder liaison
- Knowledge of relevant government strategies and initiatives