- Job title
- Transition Support Worker (CMHT)
- Work location
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- £20, 785 per annum
- 12 Months Fixed Term
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday - Friday (with some flexibility to accommodate the needs of the service)
- Closing date
- 16 June 2021 - closed
- Supporting documents
- CMHT Transition Worker JD
Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Transition Support Worker to join our services to provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions to enable the successful resettlement of individuals who are under the Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT) secondary services or who are admitted to Luton based mental health wards. The CMHT Transition Support Worker will work closely with CMHT and external partner agencies to ensure the relevant support and care is in place for individuals at the point of discharge or transition from CMHT. They will also create and maintain a clear pathway to independence as patients transition from Secondary Mental Health services back into the community.
The successful candidate will have direct experience of working with adults who have mental health and complex needs; homeless or those at risk of homelessness. You must be able to demonstrate your understanding of the housing and social needs of this client group, therefore if you are passionate about improving the lives of people we support, then we want to hear from you.
- Create, develop and maintain support plans and risk management plans from the assessments completed
- Practically support service users to achieve items they have identified in their support plans
- Ensure all risk control measures are followed, and shared, as identified on the individuals risk assessment
- Undertake Triage and Assessment with potential new service users
- Provide immediate support and crisis intervention to Priority 1 referrals
- Liaise with CMHT in regards to multi-disciplinary approaches, either pre-referral or once engaged with the service
- To adhere to local procedures in regards to case management, including the transition from support worker to support assistant
- Appropriate professional qualification: NVQ / Diploma level 3 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health / Housing or professional equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have housing related support issues
- Practical experience of drafting and agreeing support plans and providing appropriate interventions for service user
- Experience of working with individuals who have; diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health conditions, learning disabilities, homeless or those at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour
- Proven evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing and mental health
- Excellent and proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships
- Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with service users external agencies