New hope is a 24 hour CQC registered service that provides a well-coordinated blend of clinical and accommodation services. The service is for vulnerable male adults with a diagnosis of mental ill health, forensic history and may also have personality disorder and substance misuse issues.
As a Recovery worker your role is to support service users to achieve their personal goals and positive outcomes, by offering a person centred recovery based service and supporting them to maximise their independence and work towards moving on, enabling our service users to lead more fulfilling lives.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall programme using a recovery focused approach.
- Act as a key worker and a link worker for named service users and in this role contribute to the development of support plans, risk assessments and subsequent reviews for allocated service users
- Deliver life skills training and support to prepare service users for successful independent living.
- Encourage service users to establish social networks and undertake meaningful activities to assist them to develop positive coping mechanisms and to socially integrate.
- Provide practical and emotional support to all service users of the Service, ensuring that they are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care/QCF qualification or equivalent
- Experience of delivery a recovery-focused provision to vulnerable adults with support needs, including complex needs
- Experience of working with ex-offenders with mental health issues / substance misuse / challenging /chaotic behaviours
- Experience of drafting and agreeing support plans and providing appropriate interventions for service user and liaising with other professional to bring the plans to fruition
- Proven ability to form effective, positive and motivational relationships.
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing, criminal justice and mental health
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team: firstname.lastname@example.org by the advertised closing date.