- Job title
- Deputy Manager
- Work location
- Hammersmith & Fulham
- £25, 600 - £28, 000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis
- Closing date
- 31 January 2021
- Supporting documents
- Deputy Service Manager - Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a caring and dynamic individual to join us as a Deputy Manager of this supported accommodation services based in Hammersmith and Fulham, offering support for single homeless people who have experienced complex trauma and similar needs. Based across 3 sites in Hammersmith and Fulham, SIG Equinox supports the Council’s strategy to prevent homelessness and rough sleeping by offering strength based and personalised support to those with multiple and complex needs, in psychologically informed environments.
Working alongside the Service Manager, you will help deliver the highest standards of service quality, performance, and improvements across their service through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation. This role will be busy and varied, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the skills within the team are deployed effectively, ensuring all staff have appropriate training and development plans in place, supporting with staff appraisals and supervisions and implementing the organisations' policies and procedures all while ensuring the highest level of care is delivered to service users.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is passionate about promoting positive outcomes and independence for the people we support. Along with sound knowledge and practical application of key legislations including Mental Health Act; Health and Social Care Act and others, you will have the ability to work flexibly and respond to the changing needs of our service users within an environment that is empathetic but firm in their approach to supporting both our staff members and those we support.
- NVQ / Diploma Level 4 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health or professional equivalent
- Direct experience of service delivery within housing and/or social care or similar services
- Team management experience with the ability to work under challenging circumstances
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable households, both families and single individuals
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of housing management including voids and evictions
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation – mental health, criminal justice, social care and housing etc
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies