- Job title
- Recovery Worker
- Work location
- Camberwell, London
- £22, 865 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (to include bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2021
- Supporting documents
- Recovery Worker Job Description (SWAY)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Recovery Support Worker to join our Recovery services based in Southampton Way, London. SIG:Equinox Southampton Way provides supported accommodation and recovery approach resettlement programmes for adult males with enduring mental health support needs.
As a Recovery worker your role is to support service users to achieve their personal goals and positive outcomes, by offering a person centred recovery based service for people with mental ill health, and supporting them to maximise their independence and work towards moving on, enabling our service users to lead more fulfilling lives.
The successful candidate will have direct experience of working with adults who are vulnerable and have multiple and complex needs. You must be willing to work flexibly, which includes weekday hours, evenings and weekend working, therefore if you are passionate about improving the lives of people with severe and enduring mental illness, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall programme using a recovery focused approach.
- Provide key work, risk assessment and support planning for service users to help successful recovery focused achievement of their personal goals.
- Deliver life skills training and support to prepare service users for successful independent living.
- Encourage service users to establish social networks and undertake meaningful activities to assist them to develop positive coping mechanisms and to socially integrate.
- Develop resettlement options for service users and assist them to successfully move on to a more appropriate long-term housing option.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care qualification or equivalent
- Experience of delivery a recovery-focused provision to vulnerable adults with support needs, including complex needs
- Experience of working in supported living setting, within a high demand service
- Ability to maintain accurate records and write clear reports using bespoke software and branded packages
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults who have mental ill health
- ICT competency and experience of Case Management Systems
- Experience of promoting diversity, dignity and equality