Penrose Options Focus Project is a 24 hour supported service for vulnerable male adults with a mental health diagnosis and forensic history, who require a high level of support and close monitoring to reduce the factors that may have led to their previous mental health deterioration and offending behaviour. The service is based in and around Clapham ,Lambeth Council.
We are looking for Recovery Workers to join our team who will successfully rehabilitate and reintegrate Service Users back into the community. To provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions that will enable successful resettlements. To work with external partners, agencies and commissioners to achieve the desired outcomes of the service providing safer more integrated communities for all stakeholders.
- Responsible for interviewing potential service users to assess their suitability and identify potential risks.
- Liaise with referral agencies and ensuring that vacancies are filled within an appropriate time scales and in-line with Penrose’s Referral Policy and void targets are met.
- Ensure that service users are aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding welfare and benefits.
- Act as the Key worker and Link Worker to named service users as designated by your line-manager
- Plan and co-ordinate individual recovery and resettlement packages for the Service User liaising with the appropriate agencies and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
- Constantly ensure there is genuine engagement with the Service users using appropriate methodologies and inventions to encourage and support their engagement and progress towards greater independence and community integration.
- NVQ/Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with ex-offenders with mental health issues
- Clear evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Direct experience and understanding of providing key working and support or care planning
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing, criminal justice and mental health
If you are interested in the post, please download the Job description and Application form below and send it to our Recruitment Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.