- Job title
- Assistant Company Secretary and Finance Officer
- Work location
- Islington, London
- £28, 000 per annum, plus study support
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 2 August 2020 - closed
- Documents to download
- Co Sec Admin and Finance Officer Job Description SIG Application Form 2020
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our growing Finance Department as an Assistant Company Secretary and Finance Officer. The role will look to support the effective running of the finance function, acting as key point of contact within the team all the way through to dealing with requests from across the organisation. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the Director of Finance in providing support to the Board of Trustees including monitoring and reviewing financial systems and procedures to preparing financial reports alongside the Finance Business Partners.
- Assist with the servicing and scheduling of meetings, including Board away days, Board, Committee, Board Task and Finish Groups, Executive Team, Annual General Meetings and the company all-staff meetings
- Maintaining Board member files and records
- Ensure all submissions and returns are made to Companies House, or any other body, in accordance with legal requirements
- Maintaining all registers and minutes, ensuring they registers are filed correctly
- Ensuring full consistent governance support at Board & Committee meeting and Executive Team meetings
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working in a finance function
- Excellent numeracy and financial skills, with the ability to deliver best practice in financial management and produce accurate and timely financial information.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and proactively suggest solutions.
- Project related finance experience
- Experience with interacting at Executive level
- Reflective and analytical skills, with the ability to find, absorb and summarise complex information, often to tight deadlines.
In order to apply, please complete an application form and send it to our Recruitment Team along with an up to date CV before the advertised closing date: firstname.lastname@example.org