We are currently recruiting for Assistant Recovery Workers to join our Brent Step Down Service to provide practical support to service users and be responsible for supporting service users to lead more fulfilling lives. Assistant Recovery Workers will be responsible for the development of Recovery Plans and liaison with Social Workers/Local Authorities/Care Coordinators. These workers also work intensively with Service Users when they are able to work towards recovery into the community.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Recovery workers to monitor outcomes and attend placement reviews and CPA’s for service users.
- Co-key-work service users and feed into the development of their risk assessments and recovery plans.
- Liaise with hospital staff, GP, Social Workers and others related to the service users care when service users are admitted into hospital.
- Work with the Recovery workers to assist service users to identify possible aftercare and move on options.
- Remind service users to comply with their prescribed medication.
- Deliver life skills training and support to prepare service users for successful independent living.
- Coordinate/escort service user to appointments such as dentist, Court cases, DWP, and interviews for move on accommodation.
- Encourage service users to make choices about their care and support and ensure that these are communicated to Care Managers and others involved in the care of the service users.
- QCF qualification or working towards this or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of working with service users
- Willingness to learn about recovery focused service provision / person centred approach for people with mental issues.
- Understanding of the connection between substance misuse and mental health
- Understanding of the importance to support Service Users with their Medication and to move towards self-medication.
- Knowledge of recovery focused service provision
In order to apply, please download a copy of our application form and submit to our Recruitment Team by the advertised closing date: email@example.com