- Job title
- Assistant Recovery Worker
- Work location
- Brent, London
- £19, 635 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (to include bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 13 May 2021 - closed
- Supporting documents
- Recovery Assistant JD
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Recovery Workers to join our residential services based in Brent to provide practical support to residents and be responsible for supporting service users to lead more fulfilling lives. Our Brent Step Down Services currently provides recovery focused services to men and women with long term mental health difficulties.
You will be responsible for developing flexible and realistic support packages and give practical advice and information, as well as coordinate pathways to more appropriate accommodation to service users. You will also empower and support them on their journey to independent living, whilst along the way help to make each day of their lives as fulfilling and meaningful as possible.
- Work with the Recovery workers to monitor outcomes and attend placement reviews and CPA’s for service users.
- Co-key-work service users and feed into the development of their risk assessments and recovery plans.
- Liaise with hospital staff, GP, Social Workers and others related to the service users care when service users are admitted into hospital.
- Work with the Recovery workers to assist service users to identify possible aftercare and move on options.
- Remind service users to comply with their prescribed medication.
- Deliver life skills training and support to prepare service users for successful independent living.
- Coordinate/escort service user to appointments such as dentist, Court cases, DWP, and interviews for move on accommodation.
- Encourage service users to make choices about their care and support and ensure that these are communicated to Care Managers and others involved in the care of the service users.
- QCF qualification or working towards this or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of working with service users
- Willingness to learn about recovery focused service provision / person centred approach for people with mental issues.
- Understanding of the connection between substance misuse and mental health
- Understanding of the importance to support Service Users with their Medication and to move towards self-medication.
- Knowledge of recovery focused service provision