- Job title
- Prison Team Supervisor
- Work location
- Barnsbury, London
- £27, 000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am - 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am – 1:30pm
- Closing date
- 14 March 2021
- Supporting documents
- Prison Team Supervisor JD
SIG Penrose Criminal Justice Services are recruiting for a motivated Custody Team Supervisor based in North London, who will take an active role in the management of a team of frontline workers, and develop new skills in the process.
Working in partnership with the London Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) and MTCNovo, our service supports adult males sentenced to a custodial order to resettle into the community and to break the cycle of reoffending. We provide guidance and support with a wide range of issues, from accommodation to training to financial advice, signposting our clients to relevant services within a custodial setting as well as supporting them with any referral processes that may follow into their community journeys. We engage with agencies both within the CRC and across London, tailoring a package of support to best meet each individual’s needs. Our Resettlement workers are trained in risk management and de-escalation and also have the support of prison staff when necessary.
The role involves the management of a team of offender resettlement workers who are based in HMP Pentonville. Team Supervisors are responsible for the support, supervision and development of a team of Resettlement workers and ensuring that the service provides pathways, support and appropriate interventions to enable successful resettlement for all prisoners in both a group and on a 1-1 basis.
- Manage a resettlement service that deals with Service Users immediate and ongoing resettlement needs. This service will be coordinated and will focus on immediate and resettlement issues relating to, but not exclusive to accommodation, health, employment, finance and debt.
- Ensure that all Service Users have an assigned offender resettlement worker and appropriate resettlement plans have been provided monitored and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure that risk assessments and management plans are completed and updated regularly.
- Enhance and enable teams to deliver individual support and resettlement packages for service users, liaising with the appropriate staff, agencies and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
- Ensure that all staff have personal development plans, and are appropriately supported to achieve the plans targets / interventions and regular supervision is undertaken.
- Work with internal and external partners, agencies and commissioners including HM Prison and Probation Service, Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRC’s) and the National Probation Service to achieve the desired outcomes and KPI’s for the service.
- NVQ / Diploma level 4 in Health & Social Care / Community Justice/ Mental health or professional equivalent.
- Direct experience of working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar services.
- Staff Management experience, including supervision, appraisal & training.
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people who may also have mental health, offending or substance misuse problems
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Able to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to assess information quickly and make sound judgments
Due to the current pandemic, there is the possibility of being based off site partially due to social distancing measures being exhausted. This will be down to the present working arrangements on site.