- Job title
- Recovery Worker
- Work location
- Brent, Greater London
- £23, 550 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (to include bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 29 August 2022
Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all of the questions above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Recovery Support Worker to join our services based in Brent. As a Recovery Support Worker, you will provide practical support to residents and be responsible for supporting service users to lead more fulfilling lives. Our Brent Step Down Services currently provides recovery focused services to men and women with long term mental health difficulties.
You will be responsible for developing flexible and realistic support packages and give practical advice and information, as well as coordinate pathways to more appropriate accommodation to service users. You will also empower and support them on their journey to independent living, whilst along the way help to make each day of their lives as fulfilling and meaningful as possible.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall operational programme using a recovery focused approach
- Assist service users to develop a healthy and regular bedtime routine and support those in crisis appropriately in order to enable them to cope.
- Co-key-work service users and feed into the development of their risk assessments and recovery plans.
- Empower service users to make decisions to take positive risks and promote independence
- Responsible for the maintenance of a healthy, safe and effective environment, including the security of the building, fabric and grounds
- Experience of delivering a recovery focused service to vulnerable adults with support needs, including complex needs
- Experience of interpreting support plans and risk assessments
- Understanding of the connection between substance misuse and mental health
- Knowledge of recovery focused support and managing complex cases and challenging behaviour.
- Understanding of the importance to support Service Users with their Medication and to move towards self-medication.