- Job title
- Head of Business Development
- Work location
- Islington, London
- £45, 000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Closing date
- 29 May 2022 - closed
A unique opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Head of Business Development to join our Development team in this newly created role to oversee the competitive tendering/bidding and sales processes on behalf of the organisation.
We are looking for a confident Head of Business Development who will lead, coach and help build a strong team of sales individuals to drive growth, while exceeding performance targets and continually improve performance across the development department. Leading the bid and sales team, the Head of Business Development would be responsible for:
- Writing of high-quality competitive tenders and proposals
- Overseeing sales process for Spot purchase offers and voids
- Understanding the current market and feeding information to guide strategic planning
- Supporting colleagues within the Development team to write bids, develop products, develop funding proposals and generate income to grow the works of the organisation
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to identify and develop networks and partnerships.
The ideal candidate is commercial results-driven, ambitious, with a strong track record of delivering plans and projects. They would also be an excellent leader with strong collaboration skills, who will bring new ideas and energy, and be able to find ways to create new opportunities and innovative solutions.
- Experience of managing a team of writers or have substantial experience of writing tenders and/or funding bids that have resulted in significant wins both financially and strategically
- Track record in bid management and of planning and developing compliant and successful proposals/bids, including a proven track record of successfully securing new work or retaining existing contracts
- Understanding of the health and social care sector including mental health, alcohol and substance use, housing and homelessness
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills, with significant experience of writing and developing competitive bids and proposals
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and demonstrable experience of building relationships with influential stakeholder
If you have experience of working in a similar role at a senior level and have a passion for securing new business, we would love to hear from you!
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.