- Job title
- Maintenance Housekeeper
- Work location
- Romford, Greater London
- up to £25, 000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (to include bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 31 January 2022
Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Housekeeper who is customer focused and flexible to join our 25-bed supported housing services, based in Romford in the London Borough of Havering, to help deliver a stable and effective housing management services, by ensuring the properties are maintained to an excellent standard by carrying our regular and routine cleaning and handy person tasks. The service provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for rough sleepers, homeless or those at risk of homelessness and single people.
The Maintenance Housekeeper will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, safety and security within the property including the cleaning of the property and performing basic repairs and maintenance duties; arrangement of waste collection; regular inspection of the building and monitoring material stock levels including ordering replacement goods as and when necessary. With a thorough understanding and awareness of Health and Safety issues, you will ensure that the service facilities are kept clean and left hazard free at each visit and high standards are maintained throughout.
Acting as a key point of contact, you will be expected to always provide a professional, customer focused and responsive service to our residents, working closely with other staff and management, ensuring there is good communication with all teams and departments, and promote a positive image, reporting any issues identified or suspected to the Housing Officers and senior management team.
- Providing additional end of tenancy deep cleans
- Preparing rooms/flats for occupancy aiming to always minimise void levels through cleaning and preparing empty rooms promptly when empty in preparation for a new resident
- Regular descales and temperature testing & recording for legionella management.
- Arranging Pest Control and Waste Collection at property portfolio managed
- Performing basic repairs and maintenance tasks as required
- Inspecting the building, including heating, cooling, lighting, and alarm systems to make sure they are in good working order
- Maintaining an inventory of household items, equipment, and furniture
- Maintain Health & Safety standards at all times including the use of all PPE
- Ensure that areas are cleaned to the highest standards at all times
- Proven experience as a housekeeper, maintenance operative, or handypersons or similar
- Good working knowledge of health and safety within an accommodation/residential setting
- Good working knowledge of safeguarding and a commitment to reporting safeguarding concerns
- Good understanding of fairness, equality, and diversity and how to apply on day-to-day basis.
- Have the ability to communicate to senior members of the team to report any site issues/concerns
- Be approachable and friendly with excellent customer relation skills
- Be amicable and possess good customer relation skills.
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative displaying proactive qualities and provide a high standard of work
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.