- Job title
- People and Culture Administrator
- Work location
- Islington, London
- up to £25, 000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 5 December 2021
- Supporting documents
- People and Culture Administrator JD
The Social Interest Group has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced People and Culture Administrator to join the People & Culture Team based in London. This is a great opportunity to join a well established People and Culture team with strong opportunities to grow and develop within the role. Reporting into the People and Culture Business Partner, the role will be providing efficient and professional administrative, operational and systems support to the People and Culture team and wider employee's.
As the People and Culture Administrator you will manage the end-to-end process for HR administration through the employee lifecycle, coordinating with key departments including Finance and Operations to handle new starters, leavers, and monthly changes. You'll take ownership of our HR management system (Cascade) and maintain all people-related processes and policies, whilst supporting the successful rollout of people initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you will be a strong administrator with excellent attention to detail, a passion for first-class customer service, and ideally with experience working in a similar role. Equally, you will be proactive and resourceful when approaching and resolving issues and have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- First point of reference in the People and Culture department for staff and management queries and to handle or direct enquires as appropriate
- Deal with basic enquiries relating to leave, policies and procedures, legal compliance, sickness absence, pay and employment terms, template letters etc
- Responsible for ensuring that all administrative activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner, whilst ensuring all information and facts are recorded accurately
- Maintain absence management records and support the People and Culture team with monitoring and reporting on sickness absence, and highlighting areas for concerns
- To support line managers with occupational health meetings, make notes and ensure case management records are maintained
- Supporting Recruitment and Workforce Development administration processes, as well as providing advice and guidance to managers on recruitment processes
- Prepare all new starter packs, offer letters and employment contracts and to ensure prompt return and processing of documentation
- Responsible for ensuring all DBS checks are correctly carried out for all employees in a timely and efficient manner
- To carry out all pre-employment checks such as medical checks and employment references and refer areas for concern to colleagues or manager.
- Proven experience working in a similar role within a human resource function
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and demonstrates superb customer service skills
- Strong team player who is professional, friendly, flexible and reliable
- Highly organised with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- A basic understanding of employment legislation and people processes
- Sound IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel etc
- Proficient use of HR systems (Cascade experience desirable)
- Have a genuine interest in developing a career in People & Culture (HR)