- Job title
- Senior Mental Health Nurse
- Work location
- Southwark, London
- £38, 438 per annum, rising to £40,611 after 2 years
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- 12.5 hour shifts over 3 days per week - Monday to Sunday on a weekly rota basis (to include bank holidays)
- Closing date
- 31 October 2021
Do you have a genuine passion for developing your clinical skills in a multi-disciplinary environment that is ever-changing? Would you say you have a flexible approach to working and enjoy encouraging new ideas and opinions to improve the service efficiency? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers vulnerable individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are currently recruiting for Senior Mental Health Nurses (RMN/RGN) to join our services in Brook Drive to help carry out the day to day running of a busy 26 bed residential drug and alcohol detoxification unit.
As the Senior Nurse, you will support the Nurse Team Leader and Service Manager in the day-to-day leadership and support of colleagues. Forming an integral part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare team, you will plan, monitor and evaluate skilled and appropriate care for clients receiving detox treatment and ensure the provision of evidence based care and empower our patients to gain the best life chances during and after their stay at Brook Drive.
Leading by example, the Senior Nurse will provide specialist knowledge within substance misuse; facilitate professional and clinical development and ensure all competency and training requirements of staff are met to ensure the safe and effective delivery of care.
This rewarding role will allow you to offer support and help motivate service users through their detox programme. The role would work in partnership with our in-house psycho-social team to ensure that each individual is facilitated to undergo this integral part of their recovery journey in their own unique way to the best of their ability.
If you are dynamic, driven with excellent attention to detail and committed to delivering exceptional levels of patient care and supporting patients through their recovery, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Contribute to a safe, efficient service delivery providing nursing care meets the needs of the service
- Work as an integrated member of the multi-disciplinary team fulfilling the key functions of the inpatient detox unit
- Practice within a legal & ethical framework as defined by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC); national and local policy, guidelines and protocols
- Work the rostered shift pattern and be responsible for providing all aspects of nursing care to clients, providing guidance to junior nurses and ensuring shifts are well coordinated
- Deputise for the Nurse Team Leader within agreed parameters
- Provide supervision and monitoring for junior members of the nursing team, as delegated by the Nurse Team Leader
- Participate in, and support others to maintain a safe clinical environment, including prevention and control of infection by ensuring compliance with policies, standards and procedures
- Administering prescribed medication/ treatments in compliance with organisational policies and procedures; monitoring effectiveness of prescribed treatments; monitoring and effective management of unwanted side effects.
- Experienced Registered Senior Mental Health Nurse (RMN/RGN) with a current valid NMC registration
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of providing a detoxification service to people with substance misuse problems within a recovery focused service
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
- Up to date certification in anaphylaxis, inoculations, First Aid & CPR
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate openly, consistently and clearly
- Knowledge of relevant NICE and DoH guidance and protocols
- Willing to be innovative and embrace learning through continued professional development and the practical application of new skills in the workplace.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Please note: In line with Government guidance, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have either been fully vaccinated for COVID-19; intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11th November 2021, or, are medically exempt from the requirement to be vaccinated, to be eligible to work in this service. You will be required to provide us evidence upon successful receipt of an offer.
We’ll be interviewing as and when suitable candidates apply, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.