- Job title
- People and Culture Advisor
- Work location
- Islington, London
- up to £38,000 depending on experience
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 31 October 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a People and Culture Advisor in delivering an exceptional advisory and people support service across the organisation.
Reporting into the People and Culture Business Partners’, the People and Culture Advisor will provide high quality generalist HR advice to managers and colleagues on a wide range of topics including contract reviews, performance management, absence, disciplinaries and grievance issues and ensure people operations, systems, analytics, and reporting are being delivered effectively.
Utilising your breadth of knowledge of people matters within the workplace, you will be a trusted advisor on a wide range on people processes, policies and systems related issues and provide excellent people solutions, while establishing and maintain effective working relationships across the Group.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrable experience working in a similar HR advisory role, including giving generalist HR advice as well as areas within employment law; you must be comfortable with a wide range of HR systems acting as the superuser, coupled with the ability to work independently and collaboratively to deliver against deadlines within a busy People and Culture team.
- Provide first line advisory support and advise on all employee relations issues including, but not limited to grievances and disciplinaries, absences, performance management etc.
- Advise and support managers in accordance with current employment legislation and relevant policies and procedures
- Oversee HR processes including new starters and leavers process; HR documentation is completed in a timely manner i.e., absence forms, probation reviews, performance reviews etc.
- Manage the HR Information System (Cascade), ensuring employee amendments and absences are updated, and accuracy of information recorded and liaise with managers to input data correctly
- Compile reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and providing HR data as and when required by HR and/or Management team as requested.
- Champion engagement initiatives including employee surveys, well-being, reward and recognition, internal communications and company values on site encouraging participation
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 2 years working at Advisor/Generalist level, covering the full spectrum of HR disciplines within a multi-site environment
- Sound knowledge and proven track record in all core aspects of HR management, including performance management, organisational change and restructures, absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes
- Proven track record of employee relations and employment law
- A sound understanding of and expertise of HR systems and payroll processes
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to analyse, assimilate and present data and draw conclusions in a connected way
- Effective planning and organisational skills in the context of tight deadlines and often conflicting priorities
- Sound IT skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook etc), experience of manipulating HR databases
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas and business concepts in accessible terms.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of up-to-date of best practice HRM techniques
- Desirable: experience using Cascade
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.