- Job title
- CQC Registered Service Manager
- Work location
- Bermondsey, London
- £36,000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Closing date
- 24 October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and dynamic CQC Registered Service Manager to lead our specialist home Aspinden Care Home in Bermondsey, London.
Aspinden Care Home is a specialist care and support home with nursing available, for up to 25 residents, providing support for adults with complex needs that challenge services. We work with those residents who are resistant to changing their drinking behaviour. Staff support residents to make safe choices concerning their alcohol intake.
We provide a therapeutic environment where residents feel secure, content, comfortable and cared for, enabling them to make informed decisions about their life. Our ethos is to foster an atmosphere of openness and respect between residents, staff, family and friends.
Using Psychologically Informed Practice, Aspinden creates a friendly vibrant residential service; caring and supporting people whose health and well-being has been negatively impacted by a long-term condition (either physical or mental).
Our aim is to provide a supportive and caring environment that enables residents to:
- Better manage their safety, health and well-being
- Build and develop personal resilience
- Develop positive social relationships
- Re-engage with families and important others
- Prepare for independent living or move on, if that is their goal
As the Registered Service Manager, you will have responsibility for all aspects of managing the service efficiently and effectively, delivering the highest standards of service quality, performance, activities and improvements across the services through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation.
You will maintain a culture of learning and development through supervisions, appraisals, networking and continuing professional development processes; and ensure a coaching approach to line management is implemented throughout your team and adopted by frontline staff when supporting service users.
If you have extensive experience of service delivery in a regulated environment and have a passion for the people we support, with the belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances, then we want to hear from you!
- Ensure the service meets regulatory requirements
- Implement best practice and develop the service to ensure the needs of our service users with due regard to the management of risk
- Provide leadership and line management to staff to ensure methodology of PIE are achieved
- Identify training needs for staff and arrange training to take place in conjunction with the Head of Service
- Ensure all staff have appropriate personal development plans and are appropriately supported to achieve the goals identified
- Ensure that all Service Users have an assigned keyworker and appropriate Care plans have been agreed, monitored and reviewed at regular intervals
- Support and encourage Service User involvement and Engagement locally and at the wider organisational level initiatives
- To ensure that your professional awareness, of best practice and service innovation is maintained and shared with all staff.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- NVQ/Diploma level 5 in Health and Social Care / Community Justice / Mental Health or professional equivalent
- Direct experience and understanding of service delivery within a CQC registered environment
- Knowledge of CQC Key Lines of Enquiry and how these are monitored
- Understanding of alcohol use and dependency and its impact on people’s health and well-being
- Operational management experience supporting people with complex needs, including working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of successful management of voids rental income and budgets/KPIs
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation – Equality and Diversity, Mental Health, Criminal Justice, Social Care and Housing and H&S
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
Please note: In line with Government guidance, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have either been fully vaccinated for COVID-19; intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11th November 2021, or, are medically exempt from the requirement to be vaccinated, to be eligible to work in this service. You will be required to provide us evidence upon successful receipt of an offer.