- Job title
- Service Manager
- Work location
- Enfield, London
- up to £38,000 (depending on experience)
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Closing date
- 17 October 2021 - closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and dynamic Service Manager to lead our Mental Health Community Rehabilitation step-down services based in Enfield, Greater London, in driving continuous improvement and supporting people experiencing severe mental health issues and complex needs towards positive, sustainable recovery.
The aim of the service is to provide accommodation-based step-down (High/Medium/Low) support to people referred by designated referral agencies that will allow them address their complex support needs and prepare for independent living.
We seek to support people being supported to recovery and independence in the least restrictive setting and work with our partners to prevent delayed discharge of care (DToC) and avoidable admissions. The service provides a rehabilitation programme of care with a multidisciplinary team skills mix; support is be available for people transitioning through the high, medium to low tiered services into independent accommodation.
As the Service Manager, you will have responsibility for all aspects of managing the service efficiently and effectively, delivering the highest standards of service quality, performance, activities and improvements across the services through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation.
You will maintain a culture of learning and development through supervisions, appraisals,networking and continuing professional development processes; and ensure a coaching approach to line management is implemented throughout your team and adopted by frontline staff when supporting service users.
If you have extensive experience of service delivery within a mental health environment and have a passion for the people we support, with the belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances, then we want to hear from you!
- Identify training needs for staff and arrange training to take place in conjunction with the Head of Service
- Implement and develop the service provisions, to ensure best practice and leading edge services are available to service users
- Provide leadership and line management to staff to ensure methodology of PIE are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring all staff have appropriate personal development plans, and are appropriately supported to achieve the plans targets / interventions.
- Ensure that all Service Users have an assigned Recovery Worker and appropriate Recovery plans have been provided monitored and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure that the Support / Recovery Planning meetings take place every three months or as required.
- Support and encourage Service User involvement and Engagement locally and at the wider organisational level initiatives.
- To ensure that your professional awareness, of best practice and service innovation is maintained and shared with all staff.
- NVQ/Diploma level 4 in Health and Social Care / Community Justice / Mental Heath or professional equivalent
- Direct experience of service delivery within a mental health environment across multiple sites
- Operational management experience supporting people with mental health and complex needs, including working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of successful management of voids rental income and budgets/KPI's
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation - Equality and Diversity, Mental Health, Criminal Justice, Social Care and Housing and H&S
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
- CQC Registered Manager (desirable)