- Job title
- Addictions Psychiatrist
- Work location
- Southwark, London
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- 6:00pm - 8:00am weekly on call basis to include weekends
- Closing date
- 26 September 2021
- Supporting documents
- Addictions Psychiatrist JD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Psychiatrist specialising in addictions, to provide leadership, expert advice and direction across the alcohol and substance misuse detox and rehabilitation units across the Group, ensuring that service users consistently receive high quality service that adhere to the best practice guidelines and achieve high professional standards. You will be expected to contribute to the overall performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved and done so safely.
The Addictions Psychiatrist will provide ad hoc (when required) face to face clinical assessments and providing specialist clinics that offer evidence-based treatment interventions. You will be required to work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. This will include some evening, weekend working and on call cover as determined by service user needs.
You will have a keen interest in addiction psychiatry and managing co morbidities. You will join our specialist team treating individuals with substance misuse and mental health problems, including taking responsibility for personal development, identifying personal training needs and participate in regular supervision and appraisal.
Additionally, the Psychiatrist will be required to assist on Care Quality, Performance Management, ensuring NICE guidelines are adhered to, proactively liaise with stakeholders (both internal and external to the service) and supporting the strategic development of the service.
- To be a member of the multi-disciplinary team and participate in patient assessment and the delivery and evaluation of treatment.
- Provide clinical advice especially for patients with mental health problems and those with polly substance misuse cases to team members on a 1:1 basis and within MDT meetings, as well as directly providing medical assessment / review and planning of treatment.
- Work closely with nominated safeguarding lead to provide clinical oversight / management advice regarding cases where safeguarding concerns have been noted.
- Support the service to achieve national and local performance management targets / outcomes.
- Provide supervision and support to designated and prospective Non-Medical Prescribers and work with the Clinical Director and Group Clinical Lead to develop these roles and relevant governance arrangements.
- Provide clinical assessments, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misuser's presenting to the service.
- In conjunction with other members of the Multidisciplinary Team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
- MBBS or equivalent relevant field
- MRCPsych addiction or equivalent relevant field
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council with a licence to practice
- Demonstrable experience as an additions psychiatrist
- Knowledge of appropriate quality standards and regulatory requirements for health registered CQC provisions
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary organisation with comparable scope, complexity, and resources
- In-depth knowledge in the treatment of substance abuse and other clinical issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage others, at all levels
- Working collaboratively with key departments, external stakeholders, and relevant bodies