- Job title
- Programme Development Manager/Facilitator
- Work location
- Islington, London
- £30, 000 per annum
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 22 September 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Programme Development Manager/Facilitator to join our team.
Adopting a strength-based approach rooted in desistance theory and deploying techniques to suit a range of learning styles, the Programme Development Manager/Facilitator will co-design and deliver programmes that will support the people we work with to address issues around emotional management, understand their own choice and control, gain confidence and self-awareness, and live happier, healthier lives, free of crime. Delivering excellent outcomes, you will utilise, enhance and further develop our programmes in order to promote recovery and desistance from offending.
We support adult males and females throughout our various services, working with individuals who are in contact with the criminal justice system, and those who may also be affected with poor mental health and substance misuse. We provide guidance and support with a wide range of issues, from accommodation, to training, to financial advice, signposting our clients to relevant services in their area, as well as providing them with a tailored package of support to best meet individual client need.
The role will be based in our London Islington Head Office, however you will also be expected to work from home as well as delivering interventions in our services across London. There will also be occasional delivery in our surrounding counties services in Luton, Kent and Brighton. The role will work in collaboration with our existing Programmes Development Manager.
- Organise and facilitate groups
- Enhance and further develop our programmes and workshops
- Communicate with potential referrers and participants pre-group to give programme information and support.
- Receive, document, assess and co-ordinate all referrals for groups
- Update or arrange group materials/supplies; organise group refreshments etc
- Provide/organise support between sessions for participants where required
- Receive, document, process and co-ordinate all evaluations/facilitators notes from groups
- Consult/gather Programmes evaluation
- Consult with participants, referrers and manager to monitor delivery
- Support volunteer facilitators (peer inspiration and learning)
- Support and train staff to deliver existing programmes
- Organise regular meetings/forums for current, past and potential participants, continuing peer support and to monitor longer term outcomes
- Experience of programme development, including group facilitation and delivering programmes to vulnerable adults
- Understanding and practical knowledge interventions of the social and societal marginalisation can be attached to people with mental health issues and offending behaviour
- Experience of providing appropriate interventions for vulnerable adults and liaising with other professionals to bring the plans to fruition
- Possess analytical, creative and intuitive problem-solving ability with experience of developing and enhancing programme content
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with both internally and externally with outside agencies and bodies
- Experience in use of technology including digital platforms to enhance programme delivery
- Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with the offenders and supporting professional bodies
- Excellent and proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships