- Job title
- Personal Health and Well-being Practitioners
- Work location
- Bermondsey, London
- £13, 719 per annum (pro rated)
- Hours per week
- Closing date
- 7 March 2021
- Supporting documents
- Personal Health and Well Being Practitioners JD
An exciting part-time opportunity has arisen for motivated and proactive Personal Health and Wellbeing Practioners to join our Aspinden Care Home based in Bermondsey, London to provide a responsive and enabling service for people with complex needs, by offering practical-based support for people with substance misuse issues and mental ill health.
The successful candidate will ensure that the service offered promotes the rights of individual services users and provides support in a way which preserves the dignity, choice, privacy, independence, fulfilment and personal goals of the services user and his/her significant others.
Aspinden Care Home is a CQC registered home that provides personal care and support. We specialise in supporting people with complex needs including: Alcohol Misuse, Challenging Behaviour, Mental Health and Physical Disability.
- Responsible for planning and participating in meaningful activities with Service Users to promote their health and well-being, positive engagement levels and helping them to live happier, healthier lives.
- Develop Personal Care Plans, Recovery Star Plans and Risk Assessments for service users.
- Provide person centred practical and emotional support, and practical therapeutic interventions for service users.
- Enable service users by assisting them with daily living tasks such as preparing meals, doing laundry, undertaking household tasks, personal hygiene etc. Provide life skills training and support.
- Support service users to engage socially with others both externally and within the service, with carers and significant others and with professionals.
- NVQ/QCF or equivalent experience.
- Experience of providing responsive personal care and support to individuals with complex needs.
- Experience of recovery focused service provision both in substance misuse and mental health.
- Knowledge and understanding of creating and implementing personal care plans, risk assessments and recovery star plans. Encouraging service users to minimise risk to self and other.
- Knowledge and ability to supporting individuals to take part in daily living activities and tasks within the centre and community.